Thursday, November 4, 2010

Blog Post #11

a picture of a computer
Ms. Cassidy's Class
This particular video in regards to how things are done in Ms. Cassidy's class is really impressive mainly because of her students. It has often been said that each new generation is becoming smarter by the day. Well, this video does nothing to dispute this myth. I find it to be amazing that students who are only six years old have such a grasp on how to use technology in the classroom. Anyone who views this video would be wise to acknowledge that it would be a good idea to become technologically literate. In Ms. Cassidy's skype interview with Dr. Strange, a couple to things stood out to me. The first is the fact that it was stated that technology is here to stay. The lesson to be learned in this statement is that every teacher should make an effort to learn how to use new technology in the classroom. The second thing that stood out to me is when one of Dr. Strange's students wanted some insight on collaborating vs. cheating. I've always believed that more learning takes place when we can share ideas. Years ago, this practice was called cheating, today its known as collaborating. I would imagine that if I was trying to incorporate new technology in the classroom, my main obstacle would be getting those on board who are not technologically literate. Change is hard and going into uncharted waters can be scary. As a teacher, I feel that it would be my job to insure others that technology is not our enemy, but can be our greatest asset.

3 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I agree. It is very impressive how good the students are with technology. It would have been fun and interesting to have experienced a classroom like Ms. Cassidy's. They are very lucky for this experience, and it has readied them for the future. More classrooms should be like Ms. Cassidy's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Change is difficult. I expect you to lead the way!

    ReplyDelete