Sunday, November 28, 2010

Summary Post C4K November and 12/5

a picture of a girl elf
11/7
In this week's post, I commented on Mr. McCafferty's class web page. This class is in New England. The template used for this page is Wellington 4.0. The post that I commented on pertains to the number of homework assignments that students have the option of doing. Depending on which assignment the students decided to do, they can earn anywhere from 5 to 15 points. My personal thought is that this was an excellent way for students to choose how much effort they wanted to put into doing the various assignments.

11/14
In this week's post, I commented on a little girl's blog by the name of Kayden. Kayden's post was titled "Zoo Break". Kayden's post talked about a floating zoo rather than one on the ground. Kayden then asked the question as to why the zoo was a floating one rather than being one on the ground. I relayed to Kayden that this was a very good question that I would love to hear the answer to.

11/21
This post that I commented on takes place in Philadelphia and is done by a student named Jarrell. His post comment was titled "The Giving Tree and Weeding". Apparently Jarrell had to read a book which told the story of how a little boy for years came to this tree in the woods and asked for the tree to grant his wishes. The tree always obliged. The little boy continued to ask the tree for favors until the tree gave him everything, including its branches and wood. As the boy became older, he one day visited the tree just to lean on its stump, to which the tree replied "I have nothing else left to give you". Jarrell's question was whether or not the little boy ever thanked the tree for everything that it had done for him. I let Jarrell know that I totally agreed with that question.

12/5
The comment that I made this week is on a little girl named Maja. In her post, she wrote about a little elf named Hannah. In her post, she described Hannah as a hardworking, loyal elf. She also posted a cute little picture of Hannah. I commended her on her post about the great job that she did in describing Hannah.

No comments:

Post a Comment