Wednesday, September 15, 2010

ADDITIONAL ASSIGNMENT #1

Pitcairn Islands


Before this particular assignment, I had no knowledge of google square and wolfram alpha searches. I must say that this particular assignment opened my eyes to something new. As far as the educational implications of these searches as I see it, we as a country must pick up the pace in educating ourselves before the rest of the world pass us by. After doing this assignment, it confirms what I always believed, which is the fact that sometimes statistics do not always tell the whole story. Using sports as an example, I have always believed that a quarterback who throws for 350 yards in a game with three turnovers and his team loses the game, is not as valuable as one who throws for 200 yards with no turnovers and his team wins the game. To a person who is simply caught up in statistics, the quarterback who threw for 350 yards would be considered the better quarterback even though his team lost the game.
Food For Thought
My response to this article is that looks can be deceiving. Never make any assumptions about anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment